Perodua formally introduced the opening of order books for the 2022 Alza this morning. After months of hypothesis, we lastly have the primary official particulars of the all-new MPV, a seven-seater sister of the newest Toyota Avanza/Veloz and Daihatsu Xenia.
The Malaysian market chief says that the brand new Alza boasts “significant improvements in terms of driving comfort and versatility” over its lengthy-serving JDM-based mostly predecessor. It’s a lot bigger too.
The D27A Alza is powered by a 1.5 litre Dual VVT-i engine, and the NA 4-pot is paired to the newest D-CVT automated gearbox. This powertrain combo is prone to be the identical one discovered within the present facelifted Myvi.
The new Alza is assessed as an vitality environment friendly car (EEV) and is able to claimed 22.0 km/l gasoline economic system within the MDC. That’s prone to stand for Malaysian Driving Cycle, a brand new, regionally-developed testing protocol based mostly on native circumstances. Eco Idle auto begin-cease is normal.
Three variants of the brand new Alza will likely be supplied – X, H and AV. The tentative RRP for the brand new Alza is RM62,000 for the X, RM68,000 for the H and RM75,000 for the AV, on-the-highway with out insurance coverage. The precise costs will likely be revealed in the course of the official launch, which is about to occur subsequent month. As anticipated, the costs are greater than the outdated Alza, which was priced from RM52,661 to RM60,525, if you happen to low cost the sub-RM50k handbook model.
Highlighted factors within the flyer embrace an digital parking brake (EPB) with auto brake maintain, the above-talked about 22 km/l FC, a chrome/gloss black entrance grille, a spacious seven-seater cabin, and a 360-diploma panoramic view monitor. The latter and EPB are Perodua firsts. Not each variant will get the entire above, so take a look at our spec-by-spec information under, based mostly on formally out there particulars.
2022 Perodua Alza 1.5X – RM62,000 est
Gets as normal:
- 1.5 litre Dual VVT-i engine with Eco Idle
- D-CVT automated transmission
- LED headlights with observe-me residence, leaving residence perform
- Power-adjustable door mirrors with handbook fold
- LED facet mirror flip alerts
- Fabric seats
- 60:40 break up folding center row seats, one-contact and slidable mechanism
- 50:50 break up folding third row seats
- Front digital air conditioning controls
- Rear handbook air conditioning controls with vents
- LCD multi-information show
- Non-touchscreen normal head unit
- Six airbags
- ABS, EBD, Brake Assist, Hill-start Assist, VSC
- Rear parking sensors
- Advanced Safety Assist (ASA)
- Pre-collision Warning
- Pre-collision Braking (AEB, for autos and pedestrians)
- Pedal Misoperation Control
- Front Departure Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Departure Prevention
- Auto High Beam
2022 Perodua Alza 1.5H – RM68,000 est
- Drive modes (Eco, Normal, Sport)
- Auto retractable door mirrors
- Auto headlamps
- Rear armrest
- 7.0 inch TFT multi-information show
- 9.0 inch touchscreen head unit
- Reverse digital camera
- Front parking sensors
- Adaptive Driving Beam headlamps with sequential flip alerts
2022 Perodua Alza 1.5AV – RM75,000 est
- Electronic parking brake with auto brake maintain
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Keep Control
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- 360-diploma panoramic view monitor
Buyers can select from 5 colors, three of that are new to the Alza. The contemporary coats are Vintage Brown, Garnet Red and Elegant Black; along with Glittering Silver and Ivory White. Brown and crimson are unique to the H and AV variants. The normal 5-12 months or 150,000 km guarantee applies.
Remember, bookings made earlier than July 1 will likely be entitled to SST exemption, so long as the car is registered by March 31, 2023, as not too long ago introduced by the federal government. So, if you happen to’re within the new Alza, you’ve one week to place your title within the system with out paying gross sales tax.